Friday, December 5, 2008
Class 11/18
There was no class today, instead we were assigned an online simulation about electric currents. This simulation was titled "Balloons and Static Electricity." Part of this simulation allowed me to experiment with rubbing a balloon against a sweater. While rubbing the balloon on this sweater I discovered that all of the electrons, both positive and negative, attached to the balloon. After all of the negative ions were attached to the balloon I stuck the balloon on the wall. I discovered that the balloon stuck to the wall. All of the negative ions on the wall were pushed aside because of the negative ions on the balloon. I enjoyed this simulation because it gave me a good visual of how ions repel or attract. I can definitely see myself implementing simulations such as this into my lessons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment