Sunday, November 16, 2008
Class 11/4
There were a few midterm projects to be presented yet today. The first group to present did a lesson plan with a mystery box talking about living and non-living things. I thought this presentation was a good idea. Another group that presented made an animal book about different animal characteristics such as, fur, feathers, and scales. I thought this lesson plan was very good for young children. After the presentations were finished Dr. E began a lecture about thermal energy. She discussed how some things heat or cool faster or slower than others. We also learned that water has a specific heat because of its density and the molecules are closer together. Dr. E followed this discussion by explaining how to calculate changes in thermal energy. Dr. E used many relateable examples in class and I thought it made the lesson and ideas much easier to understand. Such as, the example of Michigan being surrounded by lakes so it make the temperature harder to drop in that particular state. I felt like I really understood this idea and can relate it to every day scenerios.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment